Looking to improve your beekeeping? This one-of-a-kind swarm trap pays for itself on the first swarm caught!
Our custom swarm traps are easy and safe to deploy or retrieve. Because we use a unique hoist and secure system, your trees will be damage-free. This 50+ liter swarm trap will catch large bee swarms in search of a cavity with large volume. Constructed from ¾” exterior grade plywood and milled using a CNC with cabinet joinery, our traps are easy to assemble. Due to the ventilated and inset locking top panel, the trap is totally secure once the perforated entrance gate is closed. The overhanging roof is made from durable polyethylene material. For your safety and convenience, there is no need for a ladder or other climbing apparatus to deploy or retrieve the box. Each trap includes a metal bridle and nylon strap for hoisting the box into your tree and firmly mounting it.
Each swarm trap includes:
- Assembly and user’s guide
- Metal bridle
- Hoisting strap
- Roof panel
Beetle Bottom Board
Trap and kill invasive small hive beetles with our specialized screened bottom boards. This system capitalizes on bees’ natural behavior to push beetles off of frames and out of the hive. When beetles fall through the screened bottom boards, they land in a water or oil filled tray and die. The #7 screen wire openings will allow an adult beetle to fall through but restrict the passage of honey bees.
- Simple to assemble
- Easy to use
- Usable year-round
- Fits 8-frame and 10-frame hives without modification
The bottom board opening can be operated in four different ways to address a variety of needs:
1) To provide full ventilation: Screen completely open with no tray installed.
2) To capture beetles: Install tray with rim up for holding liquid.
3) To seasonally restrict air flow to maintain heat for the brood or cluster: Install tray with rim down
4) To provide partial ventilation in the back of the hive: Tray can be pulled forward.